Saturday, August 17, 2013

Our little fuzzy baby is here!

The egg has finally hatched! Wouldn't you know that it would happen while I was at the farmer's market this morning. I've been watching the nest diligently since Thursday waiting patiently for our blessed event and I missed it!
Oh well...the best news is that it is here and so far, all I can tell you is that it is fuzzy and alive.

Mom is guarding her very closely. As soon as I come near, she gently covers her up with her body. All I can see is a bit of a beak and some fluffy feathers barely peeking out from her side Not much to photograph. I'll post pictures as soon as I can show the little one off.

I'm so proud!

1 comment:

margaret said...

such a shame to have missed the hatching but you can now watch as the little one grows and fledges, I expect Mum will come back next year too so maybe you will be in at the right time then